We are seeking dynamic, energetic & self-motivated candidates for the position of Sales Director - Western Canada. The potential candidate must reside in, or be willing to move to the specified territory and can expect frequent road and overnight travels.
The responsibilities of a Sales Director consist of using his capabilities to turn the annual sales objectives into a plan of action, identifying the ongoing market trends and customer needs, as well as to coordinate, supervise, coach and manage the activities of the sales representatives in his territory. He works under the supervision of the V.-P. of Sales.
- Prepares annual sales budgets and puts them in place within his region;
- Determines the annual sales objectives and profitability for his region with the V.P. of Sales;
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and manages the sales activities in his region for his sales people and is watchful to ensure that the objectives are met.
- Customizes agreements with the sales representative for their dealers to ensure sales growth and profitability in each territories;
- Manages, motivates, supervises and coaches the sales team/representatives, directs their work performance with very thorough follow-ups (daily call reports, weekly itineraries, dealer profile sheets);
- Frequent interaction/communication must be developed with each of the salesperson;
- His presence is recurrent in the territory in order to develop, accompany his sales representatives and keep an eye on the ongoing market changes;
- Watches over the competition, pursues the marketplace and attracts new customers while following the strategic company policies that are in place;
- Performs performance evaluations for the sales people and sets objectives which will help them improve their work habits and really become true business partners for their customers;
- Creates and maintains good business relationships with customers, associations, etc.
- Bachelor education with five (5) to ten (10) years of experience successfully leading high performing field sales teams spread over a large territory
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets
- Master the Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM
- Travel within Western Canada is required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the marine and/or Powersports industry is an asset.Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (French will be an asset)
- Strong negotiation, presentation, organizational & prioritization skills required
- Team spirit and team building skills required
- Very good training & coaching skills are mandatory
Please forward your resume, cover letter & salary expectations to: email@example.com
Full time position: Competitive salary, car allowance, yearly bonus and benefit package
Kimpex would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
N.B.: Please note that this position is offered to both women and men